Tuesday, December 29, 2009

In Search Of the Perfect Water Bottle

Lately, I've been spending a lot of time reading bike-related blogs. Such activity has been inspired - in part - by my desire to significantly curb usage of my car in 2010. I never would have guessed such a variety of commuting and other 'lifestyle' bike websites exist, but trust me, there are many.

And so it is, that more and more I find myself riding my commuter/errand bike quite a bit. In fact, I've really become quite "anti-car" over the past couple months as I go about completing my errands or when taking trips into Seattle.

Taking inspiration from a guy we know who's goal is to fill his pick-up gas tank no more than three times annually (although he does loan the truck to others who often fill the tank in exchange for usage), Kelly and I are aiming to commit ourselves to a similar limitation. While we have not yet finalized what our exact gas tank goals will be for next year, we are activity debating what is a realistic target. I'll keep you posted on our decision.

In the meantime, all this time in the saddle has prompted my search for the perfect water bottle. I know that such a pursuit is quite silly, especially since I probably have upwards of twenty bottles in my kitchen cupboard. Regardless, I continue seek a commuting/errand bottle companion - one that that doesn't boldly advertise to some race or bike shop.

With this goal in mind, you can probably imagine my excitement when I came across the 'humping bunnies' water bottle (courtesy of Cannondale).



Humping Bunnies water bottle

Seriously, how funny is that bottle? At $5.50, the bottle's price point is reasonable, and without question, the humping bunnies is has immediately ascended itself as my leading contender - the bottle all others will be judged against.




No comments: