Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Beautiful Civia




It's no secret that I have a love of bicycles. Marveling of functional simplicity, the right bike can be beautiful and utilitarian – both a transporter from here to there and a piece of art, all at the same time.

Atop a bicycle with wind whooshing past a childish and giddy grin, meandering about the asphalt road is a homeopathic remedy every person should experience. It simply doesn’t get any better.

And so it was that I began the quest of identifying a new bike for my wife Kelly. Yearning to join my desire in eschewing the need for an automobile, Kelly concluded that a new bike – one appropriate to the task of routine errands and travels, would be a welcomed treat.

The criteria was simply really, the bike had to be hassle-free, capable in year-round weather typical of the Pacific Northwest, and of course, must be strikingly gorgeous.

Enter the Civia Loring.

After a ridiculously over-engineered process of review, I suggested to Kelly that she saunter over to a local bike shop. There, she could have a look and get aquatinted with her future ride.

As I suspected, Kelly was no match for the Civia - it was love at first site.

And who can blame her really. With form following functionality, Minneapolis based Civia offers the Loring to be art disguised as a commuter/errand bike.







Generally, I’ve never been overly impressed with any of Kelly’s bikes – that is, they have been solid and functional; nothing more and nothing less. The same cannot be said of her new bicycle.

Simply, the Civia Loring is a spectacular eye-catcher. I’m ashamed to admit my jealousy. Of course, Kelly deserves such a jewel, but still…



No comments: