Friday, July 10, 2009

Two Wheels Is Better Than Four

About a year and a half ago, Kelly and I decided that we could use additional motorized support. Rather than purchase a second car, we opted for scooters.

As long as I can remember, I’ve always found enjoyment riding a bicycle, its beauty being its simplicity. But never having owned scooter, the bicycle's motorized cousin, I was cautiously optimistic, not sure what to anticipate. I struggled vigorously to keep my high expectations in check.

Here I am now, almost two thousand miles later, completely satisfied in my scooter purchase. There has been no buyer’s remorse on my part. If I were a bit more arrogant in action, I just might shred the purchase receipt, emphatically symbolizing my intent to keep this black beauty indefinitely.

I quite enjoy the whoosh of wind splashing my face, zigging and zagging gracefully atop her mighty little wheels, tires gripping the road as if she owns the asphalt. The Vespa LX150 is quite possibly the biggest little bike on the boulevard.

It would be better only if I were riding in Italy.

Pure bliss.

No comments: