Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Joy Of Breakfast

I'm a big fan of breakfast.

In fact, rarely do I miss the opportunity to start my day with a healthy dose of food.  

Generally, my morning mealtime ritual commences with a double espresso.  Upon slurping the last few ounces of liquid caffeine, I progress next to preparing toast (with honey!) along with a big bowl of cereal - generally a blend of wheat flakes mixed with granola and dried fruit.

A sizeable glass of fresh orange juice serves as a perfect chaser.

Oh, and I also take delight in more espresso by way of a yummy latte.
As it turns out, most mornings I generally park myself at the dining room table and enjoy the spectacular western views over-looking the Olympic Mountains.   Over the past year or so, this little ritual has served me well, providing a serene moment prior to facing the remainder of my day. 


Earlier this week - for some reason I cannot effectively articulate, I was particularly struck with momentary awe by the day's sunrise.  I can’t quite pinpoint what it was, but I found myself uncontrollably drawn to this particular first light.

At the risk of sounding hokey, this dawning of the day was simply breathtaking.

Needless to say, the benefits of an otherwise routine breakfast provided extraordinary delight.

No comments: