Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Gift For My Niece

My brother Mike and his wife Andrea are expecting the birth of their first child in April.  It seems to me that the arrival of a newborn is always a special event, but for my immediate family, this particular birth represents the first child birth amongst my siblings. 

I'm pretty excited.

As Kelly and I were debating gift ideas, we eventually landed on the idea of baby quilt.  While a quilt is not necessarily a new concept per se, Kelly and I do quite like the idea of providing a newborn with a baby quilt of their own.  

Coincidentally, my neighbor is a fabulous quilter. 

Recognizing opportunity knocking when we see it, Kelly and I commissioned the following quilt for Mike and Andrea.  
        
                                                    The full view

       Close-up of the front 
       The entire backside is comprised of this pattern

Kelly and I are very happy with the results; hopefully Mike and Andrea will feel the same.  

Note:  If you like this quilt let me know; I'd be happy to put you in touch with my neighbor.  As an added bonus, she donates a third of her quirt earnings towards a local abuse shelter, allowing a quilt purchase to further benefit others.

No comments: